Which Hormone is Keeping you Fat?
How to nurture happiness
Are you happy? It may not seem like something that’s important to you, but happiness actually has many benefits.
Benefits of happiness
Feelings of optimism and positivity are good for you. Here are some of the benefits of happiness:
• You have an open mind to possibilities
• You have better problem solving abilities
• Happy people tend to surround themselves with other positive people
• It protects your health. You’ll have a lower risk of cardiovascular disease, lower blood pressure, and better sleep
• It helps you to maintain a healthy body weight. You eat things that make you feel good and enjoy the feelings that exercise brings to your body
How to nurture happiness
That sounds great, you say, but how do I become a happy person. You can actually nurture those happy feelings every day. Here are some ways. For more ways check out this article by Marc and Angel Chernoff.
• Smile. Putting a smile on your face actually makes you feel better.
• Put your favourite feel good quote on a sticky note on your mirror or on your computer monitor.
• Start a gratitude journal. Writing down what you are grateful for helps you to appreciate what is good in your life
• Exercise. But choose something you like to do. If you like to dance, then try a dance class or just dance around the kitchen while making dinner. If you like the feeling of power you have when lifting weights, do that instead.
• Be nice to someone. Even if it’s just having a friendly conversation at the grocery store checkout, or holding the door for someone you’ll experience feelings of warmth.
• Get some sunshine. Sunshine is an instant mood lifter.
• Create a calm and peaceful space in your home.
• Stop procrastinating. You’ll feel like a weight is lifted once you finally do the thing you’ve been putting off
• Stop self destructive habits. If you smoke, drink excessive alcohol or eat unhealthy foods these habits can prevent you from feeling happy.
How can I help?
Positivity is an important step when you are trying to lose weight. I can help you eliminate your negative habits and provide you with a nutrition plan that will help you lose weight and feel great.
Book a free nutrition assessment to find out how you can work with me.
Over 25 years of successfully helping you achieve optimal health and weight loss | vickiwittweightloss.com
Vicki Witt is a Clinical Nutritionist, Holistic Health Coach, and Reiki Master. She has been practicing over 25 years and specializes in holistically customizing diet and lifestyle plans to each individual for weight loss and hormonal control. Her clientele often report they feel the best they have ever felt and wish they had started sooner. One of the USA and Australia's top Nutritionists, she has won multiple awards for her services in the industry.